Wednesday 28 May 2014

100 Words: Clover

I grow my own luck, cultivating it in batches.   It’s just a matter of genes and blending the right ones to gain an endless supply of multi-leafed clovers.

I’m in the Guinness Book of Records, but that was just a bonus because that 56 leafed puppy was one hell of a lucky plant.  It was while wearing it on my lapel that I both bought the winning ticket and met my wife to boot.

Each and every one does a little something, though, from a four leaf good day and up, each extra leaf adding an extra sheen or sparkle.


Written for 100 Word Challenge #380 on Velvet Verbosity; the prompt being the word Clover.  I also took extra inspiration from the Wikipedia page for Clover, coming up with this imaginary version of the man that keeps beating his own Guinness World Record.


2 comments:

  1. What a neat take on the prompt. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. met my wife to boot . . . :) nice take on the prompt

    ReplyDelete